LOOOOOOVE THIS STUFF, but can't take it:(

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I started taking this to help with insulin resistance and visceral fat. I also suffer from rather severe depression. After taking this for about two weeks, I started noticing an improvement in my depression. A drastic improvement, my husband noticed it, and so did my family and friends! It was gradual. Everyday it kept getting better, and better. I had been so deeply depressed, and blamed it on everyone and everything around me., and I could literally feel that lifting off of my shoulders. The negativity that weighed me down just started dissipating. I started researching it, and berberine does indeed possess antidepressant effects similar to MAO inhibitors without the scary side effects. Well, after taking berberine I realized that I was suffering from a chemical imbalance that was causing the depression, which was great news for me because at least it is treatable, and at least there is hope for me. I had tried various antidepressants throughout my life, all of which have a host of side effects - and nothing has helped me in the way that berberine did. At the same time I was using berberine I was also having terrible issues with constipation, and was not sure why. I persisted with the berberine until my doctor suggested that I eliminate one supplement at a time to identify the cause of the constipation. I went off the berberine for a few days, and my bowels movements returned. So did the depression. That came back with a vengeance. I want so badly to return to the berberine, but the constipation was so severe that I simply cannot. I am working with my doctor to find an antidepressant that has a similar effect to berberine. Unfortunately they all seem to have one side effect or another, which I hate. Some make you sleepy, some make you nervous - berberine did none of that. Anyway, if you are more prone to diarrhea, I am sure this is would be great for you! If you suffer from constipation, and slow digestion this will only make it worse.

For those with constipation issues

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 03, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Studies show berberine's antibacterial properties destroy bacteria, good and bad (just like antibiotics) which may include your essential gut bacteria. Experiment by taking some high quality probiotics. If you already do, try increasing the frequency or volume of the probiotics (but not exceed manufacturer recommendations). You could also decrease the berberine dosage as too much of it may be the cause. Either or both may help with constipation issues.

Best natural alternative to scripted meds

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was excited to try Berberine, as I have had the most horrible side effects from Metformin and wanted to get my insulin resistance back to normal but did not want the side effects from the scripted meds.. I got diarrhoea from taking Metformin and I couldn't even walk 2 meters without it gushing out and me not having any control over it.. It was horrible and I couldn't take them if I was leaving the house and even at home I could not make it to the toilet a lot of times so I stopped taking them and did some research for a natural alternative and came across Berberine and all the glowing feedback people have given it.. I started taking it and crossed my fingers that I would not have the side effects like I did from prescribed meds and much to my delight and to this day I have had none.. My blood sugars have never been high they have been pretty much normal to almost the low side which is good considering I love chocolate sometimes . but the insulin resistance has held me back from losing weight I feel ,so I am pleased to say I will continue taking Berberine until my levels are back to normal, if not longer... This particular brand is well priced and seems to suit me for the meantime and if you decide to try it I hope you too have the results I do.. seeing as I am also on and off with menopause, losing weight seems to be held back from that as well ..I do not eat a lot of food ( with not a lot of exercise due to my knees and back problems) and some days forget to eat but my weight has gradually gotten higher and higher to the dismay of doctors, they have no idea why I do not eat much and put weight on even if I do exercise a lot or not... my weight has started coming down after taking this product and in about 3 weeks lost about 6kgs but I have a lot to lose so to some this is a lot but not to me but better than nothing .

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Works better than other berberine products. Really see a difference using this product.

Very good product, keeps me healthy.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 31, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have Diabetes 2. Berberin helps with other products (Insulin) to keep my blood sugar level in control.

Excellent product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2017 | Verified Purchase

The thing that i love about iherb is that my order always arrives quickly and my products are always fresh with updated expiration dates! Berberine helps keep my sugar levels down, excellent product! I am never disappointed with "Natural Factors" products!

Good Results!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 22, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This products is certainly producing the result required

blood pressure

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 05, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I use this with mulberry and bentotiamine to keep my blood sugar in check

Mood Enhancer

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 17, 2017 | Verified Purchase

It's really a very good anxiolytic supplement, little sedating though.

Excellent product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product helps keep my blood sugar levels in a good range. I was pre diabetic with an A1c of 5.9. Since using berberine along with a low carb high fat diet, I haven't had a spike in my blood sugar. Thumbs up!!

1 2 3