Super collagen, It works great.

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 14 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this for over a year and noticed the small wrinkles on my cheeks are almost gone. Now this may sound like everyone else's but I'm not 50 or 60 years old, I'm 82 and look 20 years younger. One check out gal asked if I had cosmetic surgery, I just laughed, the woman behind me said OMG you look like you are 60 not 80. So you younger gals, work on it now you'll look better later. I just bought a three wheel bike with a huge basket to get my dog food. I have very little pain when I keep moving and keep taking collagen, I also take hyaluronic acid with collagen. I'm a retired RN, so research everything I take, this is one.

caused cysts!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 20 2013 | Verified Purchase

I faithfully took this product along with powdered vitamin c since November. About a month after starting, I developed a giant cyst on my neck. I have never been prone to acne as a teenager and especially now that I'm 40! It never went away and left a terrible scar. After that I noticed cyst after cyst on my neck, face, etc. I didn't connect the dots until my friend who was also taking it, said she quit taking it because it gave her acne. Sure enough, I stopped and I have never had a cyst again...I also put on 5 pounds that I could NOT get rid of no matter how much I exercised. Beware of this product.

Neocell, Super Collagen, Type 1 & 3, 7 oz ( CYSTS) 9

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 6 2013 | Verified Purchase

I took this product for 6 days and I stopped because I developed 2 cysts, one on my upper chest and another on my neck. Even though I haven't taken it for 2 days, I now have about 8 or so, even one on my back. I have never had a problem with my skin breaking out and I'm past child bearing age. I have taken collagen before and it never caused me any problems. I decided to add this to my regime and viola! Cysts and breakouts galore. BE CAREFUL! I read that other people had the same reaction as I have had on this product. I don't know how long before these breakouts will go away, I have had the first 2 for about 4 days and they haven't improved at all and I've developed more since...BEWARE!!! I hope this will help anyone who may encounter the same or similar problems to see the correlation (start taking this product and sudden acne...).

Not for vegans

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 16 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product is NOT SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS OR VEGANS as it is of bovine source - that is it is cow cellulose. I didn't know it at the time and took it for a few days (Ack!) but I can definitely attest to its effectiveness. There are many other veggie caps available, and definitely consider looking into them if you are concerned about the ethical sourcing of the products you buy and support.

No stretch marks!

Posted by TrueReviews on May 27 2013 | Verified Purchase

I got this product because I am pregnant, and I read that collagen is essential building block for a lot of important tissues, such as bones, cartilage, tendons, and ligaments. It is also beneficial for the mother, so that her hair and skin (read stretch marks!) remains supple. Hydrolysed collagen is the most effective form, because it is easily absorbed by the body. I take two scoops with my orange or apple juice, because it needs Vitamin C to get absorbed. Lately I mix it with Effer-C from Now Foods so I don't taste the collagen. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Not for acne prone skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 20 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is excellent and does what it claims but if you are prone to acne it may break you out. I started breaking out after using for a few weeks, but it did give my skin a glow and a lot softer.

Great stuff, works as promised

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 8 2008 | Verified Purchase

Have had excellent results with this product. I'm taking it right before bedtime on an empty stomach with some Emergen-C (high vitamin C) and a hyaluronic acid cap. Things that have shown very noticeable improvement after 2-3 weeks: - knees don't creak as much anymore - carpal tunnel gone - joint twinges gone - less muscle aches and pains after gym workouts - wrinkles filling in (yaay!) - skin very hydrated, not tight or flaky anymore - solid sleep at night - easier to stay on diet, less evening cravings - hair seems shinier - better paced energy throughout the day This is by no means a magic bullet to youth, but as a 50 year old, when I say I can see improvements, I'm telling you - I can SEE improvements! :)

It's non-organic Bovine Collagen which means...

Posted by EdiblyOrganic on September 5 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'd purchased this but once it had arrived, thought better of taking it as a supplement. I try to eat as much organic foods as possible, and do my best to stay away from GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms). Because this isn't an organic product, it's made from cows that are force fed GMO crops, & the antibiotics they're being pumped up with to starve off illnesses associated with confinement and GMO feed. Cows and human bodies were never designed to process such a thing. If my review has been helpful to you, please click on the 'yes' link down below. ;)

Therapist said it's a good stuff

Posted by NataliyaKvitka on April 24 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought it for my mother-in-law, since she was prescribed collagen for everyday taking. She really appreciated the result, and her therapist said it's a good thing but he decreased the dosage by half.

Caused break outs on my face (other websites could have false reviews)

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 16 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'm a 30 year old guy. I noticed that my skin and complexion improved in the first week. But as I carried on taking Neocell my face started to break out with acne. I hadn't had acne like this for many years which made me certain that this product caused it. With only half the bottle gone, I'm afraid I've got to stop taking it. What a waste. Before I buy a product I also check out reviews on other websites. I found out that one particular website doesn't have any reviews reporting acne problems of people taking this product which made made suspicious since there are several reviews on this website reporting the same problem of break outs. There ought to be at least a couple of reviews on acne problems but there is none.