The best raw unrefined shea butter on iHerb.

Posted by Leione on Mar 19, 2014 | Verified Purchase

100% pure raw unrefined shea butter with no additives, preservatives, or colorants, with a pleasant nutty aroma. Unlike many other shea butters, this one is pure, raw, unrefined, doesn't contain any additives or preservatives, such as vitamin E, which may be genetically modified, and has a soft and creamy non-grainy texture, making it very easy to scoop up a dollop, rub it between the fingers to melt it a bit (and it melts perfectly thanks to its non-grainy texture), and apply it to the skin. Shea butter is one of the most amazing natural skincare and haircare products known to man. It's renowned for its exceptional moisturizing, nourishing, protective, soothing, healing, anti-inflammatory, regenerative, rejuvenating properties, as well as being a powerful antioxidant rich in vitamins A, E, and catechins, preventing premature aging. It absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue, deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin, improves its elasticity, making its soft, smooth, and supple, prevents dryness and dehydration, evens out the skin tone, improves the complexion, calms itching, reduces irritation and inflammation, facilitates healing, fights acne, blemishes, rashes, eczema, dermatitis, prevents and reduces stretch marks and scars, relieves pain caused by sunburn and peeling skin, heals sore and chapped lips, small wounds, cuts, burns, smoothes out fine lines and wrinkles, restores luster to dull and lifeless hair, acts as a natural sunscreen. I've been using this shea butter for a few weeks, but the results speak for themselves: my complexion has improved, some stretch marks, small scars, and even fine lines have faded, my skin has become softer and smoother and has a healthy glow, my lips are no longer dry, chapped, and sore, the skin on my elbows and feet is softer and smoother than ever, my hair is shiny, I don't have any split ends, my scalp is healthier, no more flakes and itchiness (I make a hair mask with shea butter). So glad I discovered this amazing unrefined shea butter and would recommend it to anyone wanting to improve the overall condition of their skin or hair.

Exactly what Ive been searching for a long time

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This butter is perfect and as raw as you can imagine. I mostly use it as a face cream since I was unable to find a really natural and moisturizing cream for my very dry and sensitive skin. The skin has acquired a fresh whitish pink tone and a natural glow, its always moisturized and feels comfortable. IMPORTANT: Please follow the instructions and warm the butter in your palms before applying to your skin, its for your own good :)

The perfect raw unrefined Sheabutter

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Raw and unrefined Sheabutter HAS to have a "burnt" smell and a light green/grey color. And it also feels rough between your fingers. These are NO signs for bad quality!!! White, silky and perfumed butter has NO effect. Just as well you can use dairy butter or vaseline. I highly recommend this Sheabutter to all people who want to use a natural skincare without harsh chemicals, perfumes, parabens and other absurd ingredients.

Butter of Love

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is nature's miracle cure for dry skin. Anyone who suffers from eczema or psoriasis should be using this as an everyday moisturizer. This particular brand of shea butter is unrefined so you will get the full therapeutic benefits when applied to your skin. And its from a fair-trade organization so you don't have to worry about unfair labor practices levied on the wonderful women in Africa who harvest the shea nuts to create this divine butter.

Nice product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Works well also as a deodorant. I mix a dab of shea butter with a drop of essential ylang ylang oil and apply under my (freshly washed) arms. Keeps me fresh all day and doesn't irritate my skin like normal deodorants.

Raw shea butter

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I think I've fallen in love with this shea butter, I use it every day now on my entire body, including my face and it feels really good. I've also been using it on eczema-like itchy/irritated skin and it seems to really nourish and even heal those irritated and dry spots, and soften my entire skin. The shea butter is a bit sticky, different from oil and nothing like coconut oil in it's cooled form. You have to rub it well either in your hands before applying it on the skin, or rub well on the skin for the shea butter to get softer and be absorbed by the skin. I chose this one because it's shea butter in it's pure form instead of a cream based on tiny amounts of shea butter, of which there are many (that also bear the name 'shea butter'!). I definitely recommend trying this product.

Unusable

Posted by pickier-than-thou on Jan 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

No manufacturing date is to be found anywhere on the label, and judging by the butter itself - a rotting greyish mass of grease with a choking burnt smell - it must be at least a century old. It also comes in a different jar (made of a soft and stinky plastic) than what is presented in the picture.

Great!

Posted by underfundig on Mar 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have been using avocado and coconut oil as my main moisturizers for several months now, but realized they didn't give enough moisture for my skin during the scandinavian winter, so I decided to try this shea butter as a night moisturizer. I have never used shea butter before, so I was excited to try it. I loved that this one is pure, unrefined and organic (I have completely stopped using regular creams and lotions, I only use the purest products) and I thought it was a great size for the cost, considering how a little goes a long way – I still tend to put on too much, but at night that isn't really a big deal. It also works well under make-up if I am careful to put on a small enough amount. It feels really rich and luxurious when I put it on and within a week I have noticed a nice change. It doesn't help dry skin as much as I would like, though. Another concern other than dry skin, is that I have acne prone skin and a lot of acne scars at the moment, and this really seems to help the scarring heal quicker and reduce the redness in my face, which I couldn't be more grateful for! This will be my nighttime go-to product for ever :D Btw, this is amazing as a foot cream! Completely heals the rough skin areas in a couple of days!

Superb value for money

Posted by MummysReviews on Jun 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is a rescue for dry, sensitive and eczema-prone skin like mine. Many expensive moisturisers and body butters contain shea butter on top of many other ingredients including fragrances and preservatives that I’d prefer to skip. Three years ago, I read about the benefits of using raw unrefined shea butter as a face and body moisturizer — effective and low cost. It can also be used on chapped lips, dry nail cuticles and dry hair ends. Super multi-purpose. I’ve tried 4 brands of shea butter and Out of Africa is my current favourite. It’s organic, smooth, well packaged to retain freshness, and very affordable — only about SGD2.70/oz!

burnt smell is right!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

When I came on to write my review, I had to laugh at the other comments that were identical to my opinion. I bought this because it said "raw, unrefined" and it has a gritty texture and the smell is exactly as described previously....a burnt smell and I, too, have only used it on my feet, as far away from my nose as possible. I wouldn't want anyone thinking that is my "cologne"! I am going back to the NOW brand. It may be refined but it works and smells better!