equivalent to benzodiazepines

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 2 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am very grateful for the discovery of PharmaGABA by the Japanese. Other "GABAs" don't seem to work on the brain (i.e. don't cross the blood brain barrier) but PharmaGABA obviously does, based on my and my and my patient's experiences. I have seen it replace the need for valium, lorazepam, et al many times over. Thank you Thorne and thank you to the Japanese researchers.

PharmaGABA is helping resolve my multiple health problems.

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 13 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have anxiety, low energy, acid reflux and gastritis. I have tried other GABA supplements with a little but of success. I heard a lot of good things about this one (had been recommended on a naturopath's website as the best form of GABA) so I decided to try it. The main reason I got it was for my stomach issues, as I have read studies that esophageal function is regulated by GABA and that GABA reduces inflammation such as that which you'd have with gastritis. Not only is it helping with my heartburn and gastritis, it's also helping me stay focused, improving my energy, and keeps me from getting jittery after my morning coffee. Overall it makes my life so much better. It's the best GABA product I've tried and I plan on sticking to it. Right now I'm taking 2/day and may try increasing to 3/day (1 in am, 1 in afternoon and 1 before bed).

More potent than regular GABA

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on April 17 2012 | Verified Purchase

I take one before bedtime to help me sleep, and occasionally take another one if I wake up in the night. These are more potent than regular GABA supplements, at least in my experience. If you take GABA to help calm anxiety, be aware that a side-effect of too much GABA (in any form) is rapid heart-beat.

Love Thorne GABA!

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 21 2011 | Verified Purchase

Works great to calm dowmn my autistic daughter.

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 20 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is a must for anyone with stress and/or anxiety. This is a form of GABA that actually works, even at a 100mg dose. This works better than the chewables.

Works Great--Highly Recommended

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 16 2012 | Verified Purchase

Have definitely noticed a positive difference since I began using the product. My moods have leveled out and the daily dosage is easily modified depending on circumstances.

Awful side effects

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 22 2009 | Verified Purchase

Made me feel drugged out and very sleep after taking just once capsule per day. Felt like a pharmaceutical rather than a supplement and I didn't react well to it at all. Very disappointed and a but fearful of ever taking GABA again. I can valium with less side effects than this and valium reduced my muscle pain whereas GABA just made me feel like a zombie. Might be good for someone who wants a sleep medication.

Really Works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 23 2010 | Verified Purchase

This brand really does work! I sleep longer and don't wake up as frequently as usual...have a much deeper, restful sleep, vivid dreams, and also helps with back pain....great product and fast delivery!

Posted by MusettaRose on February 13 2014 | Verified Purchase

I take one of these and an l-theanine, and it helps with anxiety and panic, which I suffer from frequently, I always have some on hand.

thorne research, pharmagaba-100

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 31 2015 | Verified Purchase

No different than regular GABA but a lot more expensive.

1 2 3 4