Page 1 - Reviews - Cake Beauty, The Thick Trick, Volumizing Styling Foam, 6.76 fl oz (200 ml) - iHerb
SE

Posted on Aug 31, 2021

Judging by the packaging and product name, I expected (hoped?) that this would smell like some heavenly frosting, but surprisingly, it has a spicier (almost nutmeg?) scent. It has a light hold without being too strong or heavy… I previously tried the Shea moisture styling foam, but Shea butter is too heavy and moisturizing for my fine waves (my hair seems to prefer protein over moisture). Make sure to use it on wet/damp hair as the instructions tell you to. If you use it in dry hair, your hair will be sticky! (Fine, low density, low porosity, 2B-2C waves)

Posted on Jun 5, 2022

Really like that it helps with my thin hair. Lifts it up a lot! Giving it the little volume it needs. Doesn't dry my scalp. Smells like chewing gum scent. Been using it when I need to and it helps to keep the volume of my hair a little despite my vy straight hair.

Posted on May 10, 2022

It is a good product but The size is not enough in my opinion. I use about 4 pumps when my hair is wet and then 4 more when it’s dry and I feel like it is getting finished very quickly. The scent is also very overwhelming and sweet but some might like it.

Posted on Nov 25, 2021

I have fine curly hair, and this foam helps me to reach desired volume from the roots without making my hair look limp and greasy. Has a nice scent and the bottle looks cute.

Posted on Dec 2, 2021

It isn't my favorite, but it is one of the only vegan mousse products I have been able to find. If you use too much, it can be cake-y that's for sure, leaving a grease-like residue on the hair. Best when used alone to avoid this layering of produce buildup. Package is great, size is fine, and it does seem to add some volume!

Posted on May 9, 2022

this product really works well! I have very fine, thin hair and I'm able to get great volume with no sticky feel. An added bonus, it smells fantastic. I love it!

Posted on May 3, 2022

great volume foam! i use the CAKE cream, than glaze & on top of this the foam. hair is pleasant, not sticky, got allot of volume & curls feel very good!!

Posted on Apr 18, 2022

Love this! Definitely adds volume to my hair, the scent is definitely like cake. It's a bit weird at first, but you get used to it. Very high quality and highly recommended.

Posted on Dec 8, 2021

I have sensitive scalp and yet it was Non sticky composition on roots and scalp but not moisturizing i used it on dry hair, the package size is good, non scented . Waiting to see the quality and benefit when used more . I think it suits all ages

Posted on Nov 19, 2021

It’s a bit drying, so it’s better to use with some leave in conditioner. Works good for volume. Has a strong cinnamon cake smell.