SE

4.7
Based on 1,470 Ratings
1,188
Posted on Jan 25, 2023

Resealable Package An Employee-Owned Company To Your Good Health® - Bob Moore Gluten Free Great for Thickening Soups, Sauces and Pie Fillings Use for Gluten Free Baking Grain Free Non-GMO Project Verified You Can See Our Quality® Kosher Pareve Arrowroot Starch/Flour has many uses in your kitchen. Here are a few tips: It's an excellent grain free substitute for cornstarch and can be used as one-to-one replacement in most recipes. For thickening: Arrowroot is best used at the end of your cooking just before boiling, as continued heating will cause it to lose its thickening ability. For gravies and sauces, add arrowroot starch to a small amount of cool liquid first, then whisk into hot liquids. As an egg replacer: Whisk together 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch, 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and 1/4 cup water to equal one egg. Baking powder substitute: Mix together 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp cream of tartar and 1 tsp arrowroot starch. Store in an airtight container.

ba903331-40ad-48b4-9e8e-bb16ba6e9aea
Annyan
Posted on May 31, 2022

I use it as a useful substitute for regular potato and corn starch. It works very well as a thickening agent for sauces and as a breading agent. It has no strange taste or smell, it is completely neutral. Suitable for both desserts and main courses. I heartily recommend to try it! The size is huge, the package has convenient seal. I love Bob's red mill products. This brand is the best provider of healthy cereals on the site, never disappoints. Great value for money!

Posted on Jan 25, 2023

I wanted a gluten-free powder, it was between this, cassava and amaranth. I chose Arrowroot because it has more B Vitamins but cassava has more Vitamin C (when heated it will lose vitamin c though) and Amaranth has more minerals. So it really depends what you’re looking for nutrient-wise. This is great quality and a great amount for the price.

terelski
Posted on Jan 11, 2023

I feel that this brand can do no wrong with its quality ingredients, tastes, and just benefits in all their products. I don’t use this often so I have a lot left but it’s been very handy and I feel like a healthier alternative to corn starch. I have used it in recipes for kimchi and sometimes even to keep my feet dry and I like it.

Posted on Dec 17, 2022

Arrowroot has so many great uses. It's a great starch for paleo and gluten free cooking, and is (to me) completely tasteless. It's a very fine powder so there's no added graininess to worry about when eating. Also, it's been the perfect additive to my homemade deodorant for solidifying the oils!

Posted on Nov 29, 2022

I like to have this on hand to use in homemade deodorant with some coconut oil, a bit of bentonite clay and essential oil. I also use it sparingly as a body powder as needed. It goes on smoothly and it doesn't have a smell. It works for my needs and I would purchase again, definitely.

Posted on Oct 20, 2022

Arrowroot is an amazing product to save the day if you are vegan, or need a gluten free or lactose free recipe. I usually use it to make bechamel sauce. Mix 1 spoon of arrowroot powder with one cup of any vegan milk, I prefer oat milk, add a sprinkle of pepper and little of salt and the sauce is ready . You can also make a custard by mixing 1 spoiled of the arrowroot powder with one cup of any vegan milk and some drops if stevia extract and little bit of zaffron and cardamom powder. The size of the package is enough to last long just put it in a jar after opening it.

Posted on Sep 26, 2022

This is a high quality arrowroot floor that I’ve been using for years in a variety of desserts. It’s got a super mild taste with a down texture when cooked and a key ingredient for baking with a grain free diet! It’s unfortunately a bit pricey because I would like to use it more often

Posted on Sep 20, 2022

Purchased this to make gluten-free muffins (recipe from google). This is the first time I tried arrowroot in a muffin recipe, works just great. Arrowroot is high in protein and several nutrients, and has a lot of health benefits so very happy that it could be used in muffin recipes! Will definitely repurchase.