Page 1 - Reviews - Dr. McDougall's, Vegan Ramen, Chicken Flavor, 1.8 oz (50 g) - iHerb
SE

Posted on Jan 6, 2022

I love this brand’s pea soup so obviously I had to try their ramens! Like I said in the title, the noodles are not good at all. Ramen noodles, instant or not should slip easily to you mouth; this one is slightly powdery, not slippery and not al dente. However the soup is highly tasty, it really does taste like chicken soup to my surprise, the umami is there and I love how it comes with a lot of garlic! I just added 2 pinches of salt but that’s just my preference. Overall it’s well made for a 180kcal chicken flavored vegan instant ramen. If you ask me if I would repurchase, not really sure because there are better options out there, but it’s definitely a good option for a snack.

12a74381-c17d-48dd-89a2-9f073a5d7e1d
Posted on Apr 4, 2022

I love this kind of quick soups, and this product did not fail me. The noodles are extra big, so this was 10 points from me

Posted on Feb 13, 2022

My older kid is a bit of a picky eater. Bought these in all variants as to have options, just in case. They are easy to prep and are warming and tasty.

Posted on Apr 24, 2022

Wouldn't call it "ramen" since that creates false expectations and sets you up for disappointment. It is what it is — cup noodle soup, an easy meal typically eaten by procrastinating college students. It does however have less sodium, no msg, and lower in calories than what's available, and could be made healthier with the addition of organic chicken bone broth (instead of just water), tofu, dehydrated veggies. I would repurchase. For those hectic days when I get home from errands and have to bring home groceries from the car and set them aside leaving no energy to prepare a full meal. Convenient to have. So yeah, it's "ok" :)

Posted on Jun 5, 2022

The product came in a timely manner. It was easy to fix and the taste was very good. The quality was very good as well. The ingrediants were healthly without any artificial ingrediants. It tasted great and was easy to make.

Posted on Jan 22, 2022

Love this brand of noodles! I added the amount of water recommended on the pack but will add less next time for abit more flavour!

Posted on Feb 10, 2022

I like this vegan ramen for when I want something warm but feeling too lazy to cook. It's not a lot of food, but if you add an egg or eat it with other stuff, it's a nice meal. I think it's my favorite flavor of this brand of soups so far.

Posted on Mar 31, 2022

V small amount of noodles and a bit artificial tasting. However, good if you’re very late getting dinner and need something quick and hot before sleep!

Posted on Feb 5, 2022

What can i say? Finally a cup noodle that i can actually eat. no soy, no dairy...i don't think there's another cup noodle that doesn't contain soy?! So it's great i can eat this as a quick snack. Now in terms of flavour....pretty lacking, it tastes like fantastic noodles for those Australians out there, pretty bland but at least the ingredients are organic and pretty good, no msg etc unlike nearly every other cup noodle out there. Now if you have no issues with soy there are probably a whole lot of other brands out there that will be a lot more flavourful and vegan if that's what you're looking for. It's definitely nothing like ramen so i don't really know why ramen is in bold at the front but i mean it's alright for having good ingredients that's pretty bland for a quick snack/meal. For anyone who has no food issues especially the asians out there who are used to spicy, flavourful msg flavoured cup or instant noodles...this is not the one for you! trust me... but for those who can't have soy and want something without any artificial stuff then it's alright. would buy again just for those emergency cases where you have no food and want something to fill you up temporarily. The instructions btw are so weird with heating room temperature water in the microwave...why not just put boiling water in and cover it? Seems a lot easier...so that was the only strange thing with cooking it. Just thought i'd let people know.

Posted on Jun 13, 2022

This is really good vegan chick'n soup with noodles!